Wow, only 1 week left until I board a flight for Cape Town.
Backpack- packed, and less than 25 lbs with hope I can get it a little lighter.
Apartment- half packed (yes, I am procrastinating!) I signed a lease for storage yesterday and it is amazing (and slighly depressing) that your entire life can fit in a 5 X 7 space.
Since some are curious, the following are some of the spots I am hoping to hit on days 1-19 in South Africa:
- Table Mountain
- Robben Island (where Mandela was held)
- Boulders Beach which is full of mini penguins (cute!)
- Cape of Good Hope
- Vineyards in Stellenbosch and Franschhoek
- South Africa's ostrich capital, Oudtshoorn, where you can apparently ride one (wacky)
- Surfing at Jeffrey's Bay
- Bike tour of Soweto
- Visit to a diamond mine outside of J'berg
Just a preview of what you can expect next week! ;-)